Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wollmeise is here!

They came on monday--that was fast! From left to right: Rhabarber, Wilder Mohn, Brombeere, Red Hot Chili, Dornroschen


As well as Poison Nr. 5, Veilchen, Gewitterhimmel, Verbmeinnicht, Spice Market.


I think I'll start with red hot chili since it's the peak of summer.

And now, the debut of Morning Glory Wrap, perfectly blocked. Wow! I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I think I used the perfect yarn--Posh DK silk. The sheen is just gorgeous, and the dye was outstanding. Just enough variation to add interest, but not too much to detract from the pattern. I hope mom likes it.


So here is the next Christmas present--Miss Lambert's Shetland Pattern. In my last post, I wrote how I thought this pattern would be easier because of the simple pattern. Well, it's so simple that I find myself jabbing myself with the needle occaisionally to stop from falling asleep. It's pure drudgery--only 45 more pattern repeats left! But the border will probably spiff it up a bit. Can't wait for this one to be over with.



"Vacation" starts in one week. I'll try to post again before then, but who knows. We're back on the 5th.

No comments: