Monday, July 02, 2007

Goodbye Solstice Slip



I finished them early yesterday morning, and it was so cool that I wore them all day. I'm fairly ambivalent about them. I feel like I should like them more than I actually do. They certainly fit very well. I don't at all like the short row heel. To me it seems a little unsophisticated for the rest of the pattern. Here's how much yarn I had left:




2 grams. That's the closest I've ever come to running out of yarn. The pattern instructs you to knit the leg to 5 inches, but because I knit them toe up, I could calculate exactly how long to make each leg. Although I'll admit I thought I would have a little more left over.

And so I cast on for the blue-grape hyacinth socks. These may be a problem, as they look pretty tight. And I'm knitting them on US 2's as instructed to loosen them a little. I'll be sweating a bit until I turn the heel and try them on. It's an interesting pattern.



Yesterday I bought only two skeins at the Posh update. I really held myself back. But these two are definitely beauties. I haven't received last week's shipment yet, and I have to keep going back into my email records to remind myself of exactly what I bought. That's probably not a very good sign, is it?

I'll need to do some planning of upcoming projects shortly. More on that in my next posts.
p.s. Da Man (aka the IT Department) has done some fiddling over there to the right. It looks a lot better now.

No comments: