Monday, June 25, 2007

It's hot, but there's yarn

At about 3pm it's 90 degrees here. Tomorrow's forecast is 96. Although I really don't like it, I turned the air conditioner on, and now it's very comfortable.


And lucky I did that too because the mailman just delivered two boxes of yarn. It's not nice fondling yarn when it's so warm.



Let's do the Loopy Ewe box first.



From left to right are Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn in "Strange Harvest", Fleece Artist Sea wool in "Aegean", Seacoast Handpainted in "Cherry Fizz" (yes, I know that's a pink-brown-white colorway--I had a momentary lapse) and Dream in Color again in "Good Luck Jade". My favorite by far is the jade. It doesn't show in the photo, but this looks exactly like a piece of jade. It has some bits of brown in it. I also had to buy strange harvest for both the color and the name. It's definitely not a very pretty color, But I like a lot, for reasons unknown. Just one of those things.

And now the Sundara box:


Two skeins of her silk lace--one in "Midnight" and one in "Black Currant". The midnight will be a Christmas gift for my SIL. She's a redhead and hard to pick colors for. I'm hoping it will also match some silk sock yarn I bought from Posh yesterday. Black Currant will be all mine, and it's much deeper than in the photo. Love it.

And the six skeins of sport weight:


From left to right, "Black over Cherry", "Blue Violet over Cotton Candy", and "Eggplant over Cream."

So that's what I bought last week. Plus the 10 skeins from Posh yesterday. I really need to get cracking on some holidays gifts. I know there's plenty of time to do what I have in mind, but I always feel better once I get the first gift done. I'll be sitting down with Victorian Lace Today, and spending some time on Ravelry to find the right lace patterns. But first, I'll have to finish the solstice slip socks.



Here's what I've done so far. It's kind of slow going with all the cables every third row. If I were patient enough I'd figure out how to do the cables without a needle (Grumperina has a great tutorial here). It is a perfect fit however.

Stay cool!

No comments: