Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm shifting gears

Well. Two weeks since my last post? What HAVE I been doing?




The Loopy Ewe sponsored a Knitalong. Knit a sweater with Dream in Color Classy. So I started the sweater--and finished it. In 12 days.




Then I started a baby sweater for E. E was my nurse practitioner who took care of me while I was pregnant. She took very good care of me. So I knit a little cardigan (the sex is a mystery so I'm limited by color). Now I just have to add a couple hats and a few pairs of socks, and I can deliver the gift next week.




It will be a relief to get this gift finished because there's some hot stuff waiting in the wings. Apparently, I have no less than THREE sock club shipments arriving next week. The Loopy Ewe (yes, I was very fortunate to be one of the chosen ones), Chewy Spaghetti, and Rockin' Sock Club.


I've also been thinking ahead to this year's gifts. The first being my mom's Mother Day socks. I've got the yarn already, and she'll be getting monkeys. Then I'll be making a matching scarf for her birthday in June. Another scarf for my Gram in August, and after that it's Christmas gifts. Maybe I should have started this process sooner.


I'd better go finish this baby gift--maybe I can get those monkeys finished before the first sock club shows up.


oh, and I bought some Wollmeise! Wheee! Hopefully the shipment will arrive at the end of the week.








Ravelry stash count: 95

No comments: