Thursday, March 13, 2008

Am I blue?


You be the judge. Here's the yarn that has arrived in the past few days:



On the left is Briar Rose Grandma's Blessing. I bought this for a pair of Pave socks. That anne is such an enabler--she mentioned on her blog that if you mention codeword "knitspot" while placing an order at Briar Rose, you'll get a 10% discount. It's impossible for me to pass up a discount on yarn, so there I fell. That discount is good until March 22, so hop on over and get some yourself. The colorway I purchased (9005) seems to be very similar to the one anne used.

In the middle is Union Center Knits Whatnot sport sock in colorways Daphne and Myth. I bought those from Woolgirl. At the end is another Whatnot sport in "The cold" that I got from a Ravelry swap.

I've got no explanation as to why I bought the colors I did, but it does make me think a bit about my recent moods.

Still on its way to me is my Wollmeise order from Germany. I'm hoping it will be delivered today. Others on the east coast have been receiving theirs, and I'm trying to be patient. And another box from the Loopy Ewe--I fell down again on monday and bought a couple of skeins, plus a few christmas gift accessories.

And speaking of Wollmeise and the Loopy Ewe, there's a few hundred Ravelers who have been burning the midnight oil, waiting for the Wollmeise sneakup. It's supposed to happen before tomorrow, and just my luck, it will show up as soon as I step out the door to pick up HRH.

More yarn coming!

No comments: