Friday, October 12, 2007

Spooky socks are done!



And my Posh Yarn arrived--this is Helena 4 ply sock weight in colorway Indian Summer:


And I cast on my Tiny Toes sock. I was wrong about the color--it's called Colorado Treasures. I started the corded rib pattern and worked a couple of pattern repeats but it looked like crap, frankly. So I ripped and looked for another pattern. You'd think with nearly 10 sock books and 20+loose patterns this wouldn't be a problem. After a few hours of waffling, I settled on "Welt Fantastic" from Sensational Knitted Socks. I love what this pattern did to the yarn, and vice versa. Doesn't it look like a fireplace? So glad I started over.


But all is not wonderful in Tiny Toes land. Despite how it looks, I'm not in love with this yarn. Firstly, it comes in 50g skeins. My skeins do not match. One has significantly more orange than the other. This irritates me, and I think the dyer should have a little better quality control. And speaking of quality control, both skeins were hopelessly tangled. They were a mess! I hate wasting an hour trying to wind yarn. So, it's going to take a lot of convincing for me to order this yarn again.

But that sock does look good, doesn't it?

No comments: