Saturday, December 15, 2007

Allow me to gloat

I've finished my holiday knitting. Packages have been mailed, gifts have been wrapped, cookies have been baked. I've really very little left to do before Christmas.



We had a severe snowstorm on Thursday, and I wore my cold front socks. I wish they were a little bit longer. That's my only complaint about the Spaghettoni--more yield please!


I finished the cross-stitch block socks:

Here's the stitch detail shot:



This is a very generous pair of socks. The leg is nearly 7 inches long, and they fit great. The colorway is Grinchy from BMFA.

On the needles now is Broad Spiral Ribbing (another Charlene Schurch) in BMFA mediumweight Jingle Bell Rock.



This is my favorite holiday colorway, but I'm not sure that this pattern was the best choice. I like the pattern a lot, just not with this colorway. I think I'm going to make this my last holiday sock for this season. I still have two more colorways I can save for next year.

Book #56 A Rather Lovely Inheritance

No comments: