Monday, December 10, 2007

All better now

What I thought was the flu turned into an ugly bacterial infection. Thanks to some super antibiotics prescribed by my fantastic doctor, I was up and knitting again in just a few days. While I was staring at the tv for days unable to knit, a panic began to boil inside me that I wouldn't finish all of my holiday to-do's. I hadn't even started my baking yet!


It's been a flurry of activity here the past week and I'm happy to report that I'm all caught up. In fact, I might just be ahead at this point.


The second day of my plague I found an email from Sheri that there was a sneakup over at my favorite yarn shop, the Loopy Ewe. I didn't think I'd be buying any yarn before the end of the year, but look at that, 4 skeins jumped in my basket to help me feel better. Later that day I thought that I'd give the box to Da Man when it arrived, and he could give it to my for Christmas or my birthday. But when the yarn arrived a couple of days later I was feeling even sicker, and opened it up anyway. Here's my haul:




From left to right, Lime and Violet Yahtzee, Gypsy Knits Victorian Tea, Chewy Spaghetti Fingering weight in Cheeky, Woolly Boully Meanie in Cherry Cola, and Bella Moden superwash sportweight in Fahrenheit 451. My favorite of this lot is definitely the Bella Moden. Wonderful base yarn, and fantastic dying effects.

My final installment of Chewy Spaghetti's Holiday sock club did arrive, and the socks knit up fast.




The colorway is called Wintry '07. Pattern is Charlene Schurch's Crosshatch Lace from More Sensational Knitted Socks. I very nearly ran out of yarn on this one. I think I even shortened the length of the second sock by 2 or 3 rows just in case.

On my needles now is BMFA mediumweight in Grinchy. Pattern is Charlene Schurch's Cross Stitch Block again from More Sensational Knitted Socks.




I'm hoping to finish up my holiday preps this week so I can relax into the last week. Oh, and there's more yarn in the mail to me too.

Oops.

Book #54 Run
Book #55 The Other Mother

No comments: