Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's been a while

Yeah, I know. School started Thursday and I got a little caught up. The needles for Queen of the Waves arrived last Wednesday and I immediately cast on. I finished it on Thursday, making it an eight day knit. This was not a happy project for me. I ordered the pattern from Anjelika (who is an absolute doll to work with--very fast shipping). The pattern arrived with an errata sheet dated June 2007. It didn't occur to me to check for more changes, and that was my mistake. There were more errors, and some of the directions were not at all clear. But I've finished it, and will post photos when I block it next week.

Onward.

In happier news, I took advantage of an early sneak-up over at TLE and placed a pretty big order. Here's how it all broke down, from left to right:



This is all Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn, in colors Some Summer Sky, In Vino Veritas, Dusky Aurora, Chinatown Apple, November Muse, Cloud Jungle, and Spring Tickle. An impressive haul, no? I really enjoy knitting with this yarn, and I promise you it won't go to waste.

Also:

Yes, more! I told you it was a big box. From left to right, Shibui Knits in Earth, All Things Heather superwash merino sock yarn in Punzel, and Golden Plum II, and Crystal Palace Merino 5 in Herb Garden. The Merino 5 reminds me of Fiesta Boomerang. It's very soft. I wasn't really enamored of the ATH--it felt rather prickly on the skein. But I took the Golden Plum II and cast on the Uneven Ribbing socks from More Sensational Knitted Socks, and guess what? Love it! It's quite soft and I love the heathered quality of the stitch pattern. Definitely a keeper.


Oh, and the Shibui Knits? Very very nice. So nice, in fact, that I ordered some more this morning. One of the advantages of being on Ravelry is getting news on yarn availability. Although not technically a sneak-up, Sheri posted that she had restocked Shibui, so I went back and ordered 4 more skeins. And two more of ATH (oops).

Speaking of yarn availability, I also read on the Ravelry Boards that some STR colors will be retired on 9/15. I fought the urge to go over there and order more. I'm still fighting that urge. Some of the colors going away are my favorites--Rhodonite and Carbon. What to do. Will I succumb?

No comments: