Friday, September 14, 2007

Are you surprised?

That I did place an order at BMFA? I ordered 17 skeins, but I have plans for all of it. Honest.



I've finished the uneven ribbing socks:





Nice, eh? I had plenty of yarn left over and could have made the legs a little longer. This stitch pattern is extra stretchy and will accommodate a wide range of sizes.

My next project:


"Syncopated Caps" from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I had a very hard time deciding on the colors. I really wanted to use something from my stash, so I pulled out a few possibilities and looked at them for a few days. Nothing seemed right. Until I moved two of the skeins and then shazam! I ended up with Nodding Violet as the main color and Blue Moonstone as the contrasting color. After a couple of rows of the ribbing it was clear that I had made the right choice. Don't they look great together? The pattern calls for you to change the contrasting color halfway up the hat, but I'm not doing that. I figure the main color already has enough variation in it--why mess with it?

I'm kinda sad to see the Nodding Violet go--it's a great colorway and I was hoping for some socks but hey, one small sacrifice in the interest of stash reduction, right?

And it's not like I can't order more. (That was a joke. sorta)

I'm going to finish this hat over the weekend, and I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do next. I've been expecting a special order from Posh this week, but it hasn't arrived yet. That order contains 3 Christmas gifts, and I was really planning on starting those.

Hmmm, maybe some shibui instead?

No comments: