Monday, August 18, 2008

Know Your Limits, or, I can't knit this &@$*$^ blanket anymore!


I'm beyond bored with this blanket. I've been knitting about 25g per day, and I have 3 50g skeins left. I'm not going to make it.

What's wrong?

1. Yarn. Please do not think, dear reader, that I am dissing acrylic. Acrylic has it's place in this world, just not in my hands. This yarn even smells bad.

2. Pattern. I memorized the 24 line repeat on the first day. I've knit 11 pattern repeats so far. I know how this story will end.

3. Color. There is only one, and I don't particularly care for it.

Add these three together, and what do you get? Despair.

I will finish this blanket, I assure you. I'll even finish it before closing ceremonies on Sunday. But I just can't continue at the current rate.

What's my solution?

A. Make it smaller than my original plan. What I was going to do was knit until I ran out of yarn. Uh uh. I will finish the 25g left in my current skein, and knit another skein, that's it. That will give me a blanket approximately 25 inches wide by 30 inches long.

B. Knit it only in the morning. Leaving the afternoon for a more interesting project. At the very least, it will be a different project. I've used this tactic before, and it works. Sure it takes longer, but at least I have something to look forward to at noon.

It's 11:42 right now, and I just can't wait!

Book # 32: The Food Life: Inside the World of Food with the Grocer Extrodanaire of Fairway
Book # 33: Posh
Ravelry Stash Count: 118

1 comment:

Teri said...

Stinky yarn aside, I like the way the color and pattern look. Maybe you'll like it better once it's finished and washed. Keep going!