Friday, August 01, 2008

It's like Christmas in July!

Except it's August!



Since returning from vacation, I've been knitting Christmas gifts. I fell behind last year, to the point that I really started to resent the people I was knitting for--and that's not good. I'm not done yet, but here's what I've accomplished so far:



That's a Toasty Hot Waffle set in numma numma's Texas Toasty Blue Corn Masa. This yarn is currently only available on numma numma's etsy shop. Honestly, it's the best dk weight yarn I've knit with. I absolutely love it. The pattern is by Knitspot, another one of my favorites.

And here's the same set in Dulce de Leche:


I think I like this color even better.

After that I did a hat in Shibui sockweight:




I'm not a big fan of this yarn. In fact, I just sold off whatever was left in my stash. But the wonderful thing about yarn is that there is someone out there who will love it more than I will. It's off to its new home.

That's it for the Christmas gifts so far, and admittedly, it doesn't look like much. I do have 2 big gifts left: A sweater (simple top-down stockinette), and a shawl for my mom. Those two will take me at least a month to complete. I'll be starting the shawl right after the Olympics end.

While I was on vacation I finished a pair of Monkeys in another of numma numma's yarns:


The yarn is called Toasty, and the colorway is "Fluffernutter and Jam". Doesn't it look just like the sammich? You can buy Toasty over at The Loopy Ewe or on the etsy shop. I love these socks.

On my needles now is a pair of Spring Forward socks from Knitty.



These socks are all the rage now, just like monkeys once were. Actually monkeys are still raging. The yarn is called Sidhe from Spritely Goods. I bought this at The Loopy Ewe--there's plenty left in stock so go take a peek). I liked the yarn so much that I went and bought more directly from Stephanie. She has some great colorways, and if you like a fatter sock yarn, the base is great. I'll be finishing these socks today or tomorrow, and then I'll have to find a quickie to finish before my Olympic knit project starts in just 5 days.

What else have I been up to? Oh, buying some Wollmeise. Claudia has returned to dying after her knee injury, and her fans couldn't be happier. I think I've bought 15-20 skeins this month.

I've also just listed a lot of yarn on ebay. I have stuck to my resolution of not using cash to buy yarn this year. But this summer my paypal balance has dipped below my comfort level, and it was time to face reality. I had a ton of yarn that didn't delight me, and it was time to let it go.

Book #23 Virgile's Vineyard

Book #24 Sixpence House

Book #25 The Olive Grove: Travels in Greece

Book #26 A Good Yarn

Book #27 The Shop On Blossom Street

Book #28 Jaywalking with the Irish

Book #29 The Beach House

Book #30 Turning the Tables

Ravelry Stash Count: 113

No comments: